Saturday, September 29, 2012

K10 Cosmic Princess

K10 Cosmic Princess: I really enjoy watching the characters slowly evolve into their roles. It can be very interesting seeing how they acted in the show's genesis. However, there is one exception. I practically dread seeing KTMA Gypsy. Now I have nothing but respect and admiration for Josh, Dr. Erhardt has his moments and I absolutely LOVE his Tom Servo. That being said, the voice that he did for Gypsy is painful, most notably the noise that she makes when she's upset *shudders*.

I've heard of "Space:1999" and, being a the Sci-fi lover that I am, I've had it on my list for quite some time now. The fact that "Cosmic Princess" is just two episodes stitched into one movie just gives me an excuse to be lazy. Why hunt down a show when you just watch it on another show? To be fair, I don't think that I got that good of a taste. I'm pretty sure that these where some of the later episodes because it feels like there's a bunch of things that I should know (like some of the character's relationships) and, to be honest that bugged the heck out of me. Aside from that the "movie" was just cheap, silly SCI-FI sholck, which I'm a bit of a sucker for.
Verdict: 3/4-Watchable! It's silly, cheap, and the acting ranges form decent to REALLY crappy. Sadly, there are some dull moments, and some confusing parts.

Once again, much like the majority of KTMA episodes, there are a bundle of giggles, a few out-right laughs, patches of silence, and missed opportunities in the theater. There are a few really funny riffs early on, but it soon devolves into the standard KTMA giggle fest.

Opener: The mads have fun with their no-D glasses.
Seg1: Crow gives Joel a haircut.
Seg2: The bots try to evolve, ending with Servo jumping off the desk and losing his head.
seg3: While doing Joel's taxes the bots notice that they are listed as Business Expenses and they are not happy about it.
End: Joel and the bots play football.
Overall: The host segs are just sorta forgettable , but seg 2 did get a chuckle out of me. That would certainly not be the last time that Tom's head would take some punishment.

Verdict: 2/6-Meh! A bunch of giggles, some blank moments, and a couple of laughs. It's nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment