Thursday, March 14, 2013

K20 The Last Chase

K20 The Last Chase: There's only one last episode left for the boys at KTMA TV 23. I've seen the show start to grow it's legs and I have to say that I can't lie, it's certainly been intriguing. I got to see the mads in their genesis, the host segs gain some structure to them, and of course, I got to see the riffing slowly rise in gienus.

I've seen pro-America movies. I've even seen pro-gun movies. But this is probably the first pro-car movie that I've ever seen. I can barely understand just what the message is, but It pretty much comes down to this: if you take away our cars, you take away our freedom. I find that to be really amusing. This was a silly flick that takes itself way too seriously. The film did surprise me with by having some very interesting and well thought out characters. Namely the old kite-loving pilot played by Burgess Meredith.
Verdict: 4/4-Fun! A silly plot and good characters make this a fun sit.

It seems to me that the boys have finally gotten into the swing of things when it comes to the theater segments. The riffing starts out strong, and stays strong throughout the episode. There where a few parts that had me laughing quite a bit. It's even better that last week's episode!

Opener:The mads conduct a cold fusion experiment in Larry's mouth.
Seg1: Joel teaches the bots a very short humanity lesson.
Seg2: Joel announces the 1,000th club member.
Seg3: We get a horribly misspelled letter "Joel says when you've got lemnins, you make LEMNINSNAUCE!"
End: Joel reads another letter.
Overall: This wasn't a particularly impressive batch of host segs, but seg 3 was REALLY funny! Probably one of the funniest that this season has to offer.

Verdict: 4/6-Good! Strong laughs at a steady pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment