Wednesday, November 21, 2012

108 The Slime People


108 The Slime People

The slime people come out of the earth, encase a city/country side in a force field (the hell?), kill almost everybody, and cover the place in fog. Oh my god, the fog. This movie has so much fog that there are entire scenes where you can't see ANYTHING but the onslaught of fog. The fog-less scenes where ok though and I'm a sucker for apocalyptic settings, so I kind of dug that aspect.
Verdict: 1/4-Awful! Who want's to see a movie when half of it is covered in fog?

The first time that I saw this experiment I absolutely loved it! The second time around however, I found the riffing to be very hit-or-miss. There where some really great lines, but  they where rare among the hundreds of merely amusing riffs.

Intro: Crow is a morning bot.
Invention Exchange: Joel's cartoon goggles, The Mads' screaming cotton candy.
Seg1: Cody on trial.
Seg2: The boys consider how to improve movie
Seg3: Fog. Lots of it.
End: Joel makes a pie, but Gypsy eats it.
Overall: Not much to say about these host segs. They have a bit of the old Season 1 charm to  them, but none of them are too amazing. I did love the cartoon goggles though.

Verdict:  There are some good spots, but most of the episode is pretty forgettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment