Wednesday, November 21, 2012

109 Project Moonbase


109 Project Moonbase

It's a trip to the moon, but uh-oh there's a terrorist on board. Oh me, oh my is this film unpleasantly sexist. It's also a bit bland. I find myself having a very hard time thinking of something else to say about this flick other than that.
Verdict: 1/4-Awful! Dull and pumped full of sexist idiots.

I had heard quite a lot of very good things about this episode, so, naturally I was pretty excited to see it for myself. After another relatively weak Cody short, the feature started up, and the first half was really strong and had me cracking up. Sadly, after the halfway point the riff quality started to drop considerably.

Intro: The Bots and the bath
Invention Exchange: Joel's water juggling, The Mads' insect-e-sketch
Seg1: Joel and the Bots play Commando Cody, with Tom as Cody and Crow as Krog.
Seg2: Neckties of the future
Seg3: SPACOM!!
End: Letters are read. Crow and Tom Servo are upside down.
Overall: Segs 2 and 3 had me in hysterics! SPACOM has to be one of the best moments of the season.

Overall:  There are some classic host segs and some nice riffs, but the riff quality drops a bit too much later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment