Wednesday, November 21, 2012

110 Robot Holocaust


110 Robot Holocaust: Ok folks, here's the scoop on Commando Cody: All of the Cody shorts are charming, but I never really got enough laughs from them as other MSTies have. They're all a bit enjoyable, but not as much as I would have liked.

Now THIS movie is my cup of tea! Nothing' says lovin' like a poorly made direct to video sci-fi flick from the 80's. This is the kind of movie that I would pick up on VHS from the local mom-and- pop video store back in the day. It also reminds me of a movie that I would grab during a long afternoon on Ebay. It's cheap, it's dated, and I dig it.
Verdict: 4/4-Fun! It's not everybody's cup, but I just can't say no to 80's cheese.

This episode used to be a part of my regular rotation so, needless to say I'm rather fond of it. The riffing isn't legendary, but it get's the job done. It's like the MST version of easy listing. Sure It's not a howler, but there are some really awesome lines and it kept me chuckling the whole experiment.

Intro: The boys sing the blues.
Invention Exchange: Joel's Monster-truck pipe, The Mads' emoting ski-mask.
Seg1: Joel does some funny faces.
Seg2: The SOL, sitcom style...until Cambot's sitcom simulator breaks.
Seg3: The boys play Robot Holocaust...it goes poorly.
End: Letters and the Name-the avocado guy contest is announced.
Overall: Sg 3 was a big ol' howler. Josh really shines as Servo, I'm just sayin'.

Verdict: A pleasant stream of decent riffing and some decent host segs make for a nice sit. It's not hilarious, but it's not bad, that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment